Sunday, November 3, 2013

Bryan and Kat - A pre-wedding photoshoot

Many question my ability to do photography and that makes each of my photography project quite challenging since I've been known in the industry as a videographer. There is an excemption, especially, if my partner in crime, Jen, requests me to shoot her couple's pre-wedding pictorial or fondly called,"Prenuptial shoot." I want photographs that are candid, fresh, and just plainly simple without any articulated poses that somewhat forces a couple to become models. I believe a pre-wedding photograph must show the couple at their natural yet beautiful state :-) Here's some of the photos I took for Bryan and Kat, without photoshop yet, no liquify, clone, healing brush, etc, so you have an idea how I light and incorporate shadows into my photograph. Assisting me were Bernard and Marvin.

Data: Canon 60D ISO 1600 Sigma 30mm 1.4 (All photos shot at full open) utilizing one single Apeture LED Light. White-balance set to daylight.

Note: I don't get rid of the shadows since they add depth to the image. I go as natural (lighting) as I can go. Bry and Kat did a very great job in selecting their location in Eastwood Libis, darn I forgot the name of the Italian restaurant... :-(

The beauty of natural light.

Kat's simple pose.

Candids are better.

Add a bit of foreground makes your subject stand-out.

More foregrounds.

"Behind" a success of a man is a woman.

Just love that pose.

Blur shots are intimate.

No need to style.

"Hold that pose."

Curve.

Be at the lower left thirds of the frame.

Just close.

Look through the shelf.

Kiss and...

Stare.

Marvin shot this with the 11-16 2.8 mm Tokina then applied an on-camera creative filter (Canon 60D)

Simple and Elegant.

Let the shadows do the talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment